Originally Posted by Calhoun
In case anybody else wants to become part of the William E Tibbe Fraudsters cabal (wet f'ers as I refer to us), there's a pretty nice 1953 Savage 340 at the Cabelas in Rogers, MN. Some freckling on the barrel, but wood is in good shape, good bore and d&t for side mount. For an economy gun, these usually shoot very well.

No Serial Number on it, of course.

Phone number for the store is (763) 493-8600, item # is 4856293.

Mr. Tibbe, feel free to report them to the ATF if you want to.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I called Cabellas and spoke to Nick. He confirmed everything that you said. He does have the gun, the price is right and he will ship it to an FFL. He said it is old and they do see some guns come in without serial numbers. He acknowledged that he could fill out the Federal forms.\

Where it all breaks down is at the State and local level. He acknowledged that those venues do vary. So compliance with Federal regs does not send you home free by a very long shot.

* I already provided for some minute, rare exceptions to guns without serial numbers. The rare exception instead of wide spread blatant, flagrant practices. I also said it was more rare for center fire rifles made by reputable manufacturers.

This whole hullabaloo that precipitated a deluge of insults and despicable character attacks is not news to me after so many years.

What is surprising is the bold, brave, foolish, flagrant, devil may care, flip the bird to the Webmaster, and to hell with the house rules, attitude.

Some of them apparently didn't get the message in the miscellaneous forum when the posting was closed. They are slow learners.

Notwithstanding my connections with law enforcement I want to amplify that I do not engage in petty, innocuous problems and certainly not the guns you mentioned. I only involve in the hard core trafficking of guns cross border into the hands of the cartels.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 09/22/15.