Some of you folks are SO FORTUNATE to live in great places like Montana, Idaho, NM, etc and more importantly, HAVE THE TIME to invest in a wilderness hunt. We do not.

I live here in Iowa (am still working full time)....and managed two Wyoming archery hunts.....one Sept.3rd thru Sept.10th.....and the second Sept.17th thru Sept.24th.

We hunted the west side (Alpine), zone 89, with general tags. Hunted the Little Greys river area.

The area we hunted was 3.1 miles back (by the GPS). The least we walked in a day was 8.1 miles, the most was 11.6 miles.

Beautiful country........the second week the Aspens were doing their thing.

Didn't fill may tag, but experienced (3) 6 point bulls, a spiker, and 14 cows. The second week included a full moon, which seemed to affect things. A very nice 6 point winded me at 29 yards, brush made things not work out.

Took 2 of my sons on the first trip, my wife on the second.

Now, biting at the bit to get back out there for the rifle opener in a little over a week. Will take 2 sons on this adventure also.

It is a hoot, cannot get enough.

If we don't fill tags next trip, we'll likely do something over Thanksgiving......and zone 3 general cow season goes through Jan.31st.

Most would probably say I didn't really have the TIME to do it.

And, really no need for an UPGRADE. The general tags are perfect for my 'excuses' to get back out there.

The years we don't draw generals......the zone 7 cow tags are always a hoot.....during the archery season.

Not judging, just don't see a need for any upgrade.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.