I am an admitted high fence bigot, paying for a guide or access is drastically different than a high fence put and take elk hunt. I've hunted pigs on a pay access ranch, Tejon, but it was 200,000 + acres and doesn't have a high fence. Since they have elk there that they charge up to $25K for i would guess the cowboys keep a close eye on them but can't keep them in if they really want to leave. The pig hunt had no guarantees and no captive breeding program that I'm aware of, although the mtn lion killing the ranch did years ago must have helped the numbers of pigs.

Back to analogies that Trump can't use anymore, dating the rich girl and buying expensive French or maybe Thai meals isn't the same as paying the lady of the evening .........that chance of failure is still very real no matter what dinner costs.

Paying outfitters and for taxidermy is fine with me, the wife of almost 30 years lets me hang a couple of elk and a pheasant in the front room and wants to go on safari one of these days.

Paying to hunt at a yellow tag in the ear high fence facility does seem a lot like a romantic transaction in a back alley to me.