Originally Posted by smokepole

Anyway, if you guys enjoyed yourselves why worry about what someone else has to say?

Nobody is really worried about a counter opinion. We shared our good time with all on the Campfire. The OP jumped on this and cut loose with both barrels, on TWO internet sites. His experience was so different to ours how can we not comment?

I respect a differing opinion. Hell, I don't work for them. A few things that just strike me strange. Why would an experienced PH feign illness to avoid taking a trophy? Why demand "your best guide"/ (nice to have!) , especially if you don't like high fence hunting.. Hell, an experienced PH should be superior to most seasonal guides. Why go nose to nose with the owner, when there were other avenues? It just strikes me strange givenwhat I experienced.

None of us doubt the OPs story, and based on his account I fully trust he was in camp the dates he states.

What would I have done knowing the people involved and the place involved? Instead of feigning illness, I would have talked to Jaden, Chase, or Rulon and just explain that my expectations were different from what they offered and that I was going to pass on taking a bull. With that, I feel confident that they would have done their best to meet me half way. Likely, they could have invited me to a free range hunt on the adjacent 30,000 acres when the season opened, or some other solution. From my observation, these guys work hard to get everyone a trophy. They sell their stuff, to be sure, but I sense they want a Win-Win for all. I'm good with that.

Again, I wish the OP had been there a few days later. Ours was a pleasnt hunt, and now a good memory. Glad we could share it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo