No offense intended to any party involved, but bull elk deserve to be hunted in the wild. Running them up a fence line to a waiting hunter?

Might as well shoot someone's horses. It'd feel the same with regards to satisfaction level and thrill of the hunt.

Bull elk in the wild, at least the ones I've hunted, have frustrated me, driven me nuts, kept me awake at night, given me years of daydreams, wore me out chasing them, outsmarted me, out-walked me, out-hid me, snuck by me, got in my face and lived to do it another day, and generally mocked and laughed all the way to the other side of elk world getting away from me. They are tough, savvy to callers, super keen to human intrusion in their area, adept at disappearing on a single wiff of a human or a snapped twig. They will run circles around you, chuckle at you, then drift off like a ghost.

Nothing about this fence hunting sounds like elk hunting, except maybe you climbed some hills that flatlanders aren't used to. I'd be disappointed after having done the real thing. If I'd never done the real thing, maybe it'd be awesome.

LOL