Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Plain and simple (yes this is a little tongue in cheek)

Some guys are all about the trophy, trophy car, trophy gun, trophy racks, and trophy wives.

Other guys are about becoming a skilled and responsible outdoorsman.

Now you can be both - but that's a fine line... and one typically wins out over the other.

You got me...on both counts... I'm very coordinated when it comes to walking (or flying)fine lines. In my old line of work it was sort of a job requirement for staying alive. Some, no many of you posited some very valid positions and then again some have not.

In the end, I'll stick to my SCOTUS and prostitute analogies, and of course my OWN personal opinion hunting by running down an animal with dogs until he is so exhausted he can't go on then blasting him out of a tree is not my view of hunting and of course, even worse are the 800 yard shooters. I am not saying it's unethical by any means, just not my idea of a hunt and to the usual suspects... DILIGAF? (rhetorical question).

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”