Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Ok, wasnt going to pick on you anymore Jorge (or Pugs who is apparently staying out of it at this point. smile

I am simply looking on with slight amusement as useful discussion is had knowing that anything I write is unlikely to change anyone's mind.

In my opinion the world of hunting is a big place with room for all sorts but if I'm not mistaken some on this thread deriding our hunt were the same folks making fun of Paddler for his stand that grouse are only shot over a pointer (on Tuesday with a side by side 28 gauge but it must have double triggers and the pointer has to be a GSP or you're just a slob) grin

When we wrote up the story we were accurate with what we experienced. Clearly, others had other experiences and just as clearly some were offended by our great time.

For what it's worth I worked harder for this elk than I did for my Newfoundland Moose two years ago but Newfoundland is an island of 42,031 sq mi so I suppose it was a "high fence" too. Guess it just depends where one draws the line and that to me is a personal line.

Ergo my comment MABY posts ago. If any one of us here on this forum were to announce we walk on water, the usual suspects would chime in saying "yeah, that's because you can't swim.". Fouc them

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”