Originally Posted by jorgeI
Reading comprehension and or fact interpretation to suit one's own narrative is about the only constant on this post.
1. There has been no clear or compelling evidence these animals were pen raised.
2. We saw plenty of bulls and yes the guide is there, in addition to knowing the area (about 8 square miles), is there to tell you the approximate size of whatever bull you see. The notion that some kind of "dial a horn" process is in effect is nonsense. If one runs into a 400 bull, you have the option to pass or take him.
3. I must be old, feeble and decrepit, for the amount of effort I put into climbing, descending pretty steep terrain at 7-8K altitude, taxed me to my limit.
4. My elk was shot at 330 or so yards, that is the closest we could get. If they were penned raised and used to human contact, I could have killed him with a knife, not to mention shooting him on the first day, then smoke cigars, drink whisky and abuse the wife for the rest of the time.

Maybe one day, when I have time and or live out west, I can devote a week or two and do a free range elk hunt (no wait, that won't work, because I'm old, feeble and decrepit.

I'm enjoying my elk meat BTW and as posted AD NAUSEA, IDGAF.

Yes jorge, reading comprehension is a bitch. Once again, I'm commenting on 201k's post and thread, not yours.

And yes, there is plenty of evidence that elk at the Boradmoor are raised in an enclosure at another location and trucked to the ranch. To say there is none is just burying your head in the sand.

And yes, I'm sure you can kill a 400 bull if you see it, and I'm sure your guide will tell you exactly how much that privilege will cost, before you pull the trigger. Just so there are no misunderstandings.

A wise man is frequently humbled.