Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by smokepole
I guess what I was trying to say is, with a nice bull like that, making the shot is not the hard part, getting the shot is.

The reason I bring that up is, it may explain the OP's motivation. People who hunt public land, (where most elk hunting is done) can hunt a long time and not get a shot at a bull like that. So there may be some envy involved.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt re: envy, but we just didn't walk up to this elk and whacked him, for me I had to work for it and no difference to the 350 yard shot I took in Africa (Dande North and of course NO fences)on a kudu bull, or the 200 plus yard on a deer here in Georgia (again no fences) . Like you said amigo, we enjoyed it!

Yet the difference is that on public land, there's nobody driving a bull towards you and no fence to keep him close. It's just not the same thing. Hiking with a guaranteed outcome vs DIY hunting. I have no doubt you put in some effort, but the outcome was never in question.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]