Yes it is easier to make a wild ass guess than to read the engorging reports about and action. Let me address one or two of the primary misconceptions about the current and previous action called the Mark V Weatherby.

(1) All nine lugs in contact. The reason it is not common for full contact is due to distortion in the heat treating process. It has nothing to do about the skill in machining. Machining is completed before heat treatment begins.

(2) Taken from all aspects of the different iterations of the evolution of the Mark V I believe from a design and function stand point the current Howa is far and wide the best built of all the 5 different production actions.

Let me impart a fact about the 9 lugs. The nine lugs were the result of the 59 degree bolt rotation. Does it make it twice as strong as a two lug design, not quite, but that's not where the action gets it real strength in the first place. Gas handling is of the first importance. The Weatherby design is hugely strong, but the trade off is in the heavy weight and the overall size.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV