Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just got word of yet another catastrophic failure of a Mk V action with same maker's factory ammo.

In one case, the bolt blew out the back. In this case, the guts of the bolt blew out the back. BAD!

Shooter is crippled for life but lucky to be alive.

Do you know of any other such failure? I'd appreciate details.

I asked for infirmation about similar occurrences. (Got word of one that's virtually identical to one of the other ones, from yet another state.)

I did not say (or intend to imply) that I knew that this report was factual.

I did not certify or confirm that the report was factual.

In passing along what I've been told, I'm in the dark, too.

So blow your slurs back up your asses.

"How does the bolt coming out the back cripple you?"

According to one informant, that bolt had entered the prone shooter's face at the base of his eye, had gone down through his upper and lower jaws, then down through his neck, and into his chest � and had come to rest after breaking his collar bone.

I assume that upon eventual "recovery." he was able to walk. Inability to walk is not the only way to be crippled.

Other informants reported that the bolt bodies had remained in the receivers while the inner parts had entered the shooters' faces and had wrought somewhat less damage then the entire bolt had wrought in the first case.

I do not disbelieve that these incidents occurred. Coming from so many sources, they deserve some respect, imply some credibility.

Not everybody agrees.

So be it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.