I love Browning, but I won't swallow a bolt thru my eye for them. wink Just a joke.

I believe Mr. Howell has access to info that we do not. I believe his post was made as warning that there appears to be gathering evidence that some of these actions are failing and causing significant injury.

I also understand that these rifles have given alot of folks great service over the years and these same shooters will come to Weatherby's defense when their is no hard evidence presented regarding the failures.

It boils down to someone who has more industry contacts than we do, trying to warn us that there could possibly be a problem with some Weatherby actions. I would appreciate such info if I shot them. I might would go get my gun checked out, point is we can decide what to do with the info.

If Mr. Howell cannot divulge sources of his information, it's very likely that we could find records of ongoing litigation concerning the failures.

I assume anyone who swallows a bolt and lives thru it would be looking for a lawyer. If these are not isolated incidents, there should be court records (suits filed) to go along with them.

Unless Weatherby is able to settle them out of court with a gag order, but I don't see that happening if the rifles in question pose a significant risk to the public, there should be some litigation occuring regarding the failures.

Pharmecutical Companies cannot settle out of court and impose a gag order on the plaintiff regarding medicines that may have a detrimental effect on thousands who may be using them, so it would make sense that firearms makers would not be able to do this either.

Bottom line is, if there were failures happening, they wouldn't have just started recently unless the rifles in question are of later manufacture. This should allow for pin pointing the place of manufacture, steel, process and design to be identified, thus leading us to the faulty rifles. The types of ammo used would be good info as well.

With no evidence of failures occuring within a specific lot of rifles, made at a specific location, it makes it hard to swallow that random failures are just now starting to occur thru-out the entire line of Mark V actions.

If it is a problem, it should be fairly easy to identify and know what rifles are supposedly dangerous.

JM.