Originally Posted by TheShootist
Mr Howell,

I think the point is that the sources are all shadowy, unconfirmed and cloaked in secrecy. And there are no details of the actual failure events that show cause & effect.

As a longtime Ruger, Remington, Marlin, H&K, Browning, Weaherby shooter as well as a shooter of many other major manufacturers weapons over the years, I welcome any information alerting me to a possible safety problem with my equipment. I do however give a lot more weight to well documented information than I do to information sourced as:

{A well respected guy on the internet says a friend of his says something and another friend of his also said something similar, and he trusts those friends, so he believes it to be true, so it must be true.}

It reminds me of the stuff we all bemoan when CNN broadcasts quotes from unnamed and unconfirmed sources.

I don't necessarily disbelieve the information, I just don't have enough information to draw a reasonable conclusion. I would love to see some forensic evidence from the tragic events.

Certainly some must be available?

I thank you for the alert as to the possible problem.

Well said. I want documented, empirical evidence not rumors and mythology before I accept this as fact. It's the same standard I apply to all religions.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude