Point taken.

If you are one of the "speculators" demanding information, like their life depends on it as an exuse for Dr Howell to give full disclosure, they don't need or deserve information , IMHO.

If you plan to own a Weatherby, and handload, again this seems to have nothing for YOU to use in your purchase decisions.

My point is, some are making a mountain out of a molehill on this. If there are sound reasons to tell people there is an issue that could be beneficial to WEATHERBY OWNERS I am sure full disclosure would have been made long ago...

After reading much of where this thread is going, I believe the accusational tone is rediculous, considering we are gun people, probably reload and take risks every time we pull a trigger( bug in the bore, patch left in, etc). The frequency of the reports of accidents are in the noise, ie the odds are more you would be struck by lightening than an accident with a weatherby gun happens to one of us.

I think we are making a big deal out of nothing, making accusations of liability, or responsability and trashing peoples reputation for basically "nothing better to do".

But I could be off base, and someone really does benefit from hidden information, but I am a thrill seeker and take risks....

Allen