Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Point is, if these rifles are failing, for whatever reason (action design, metallurgy, ammo) there should be some court records of suits filed against the manufacturer.

Has anyone found these?

JM.

That's exactly what has had me a bit befuddled by all this. In a country litigious enough to give us this:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_3347961?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com

among WTHK how many other examples the idea that somebody wouldn't have landed in court over something like this seems hard to swallow on it's face. Throw in the fact that such events would surely get the attention of some of the anti-gun media and it gets a little harder to fathom something hasn't come out. If any lawyer even sniffed an actual pattern linking more than one case of severe injury to supposed negligence on the part of a gun manufacturer he'd clear his calendar for the whole year to go after it.

And that's not even taking into account an ammunition company, under contract with said firearms maker, is loading cartridges way above anything this country's overseer of such standards (SAAMI) recommends and hells bells it's a party time down at Shaftum & Grabbit law offices. To put that in perspective it'd be the rough equivalent of a restaurant chain not only having a policy of heating their coffee to volcanic temperatures but serving them in cups that can be shown to melt out the bottom at those temps and dump the coffee.

I'm not about to call Ken a liar (which means he would have to be intentionally describing events he factually knows to be false) but there has simply GOT to be more to this than he's being told and then relating to us. The legal issues surrounding what he's described are simply staggering.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.