Greetings Ken, I trust you are doin well. I've owned Weatherbys all of my life, including German, Japanese and now American made. I've shot thousands or rounds through them, both factory and handloaded stuff, using published data, some from the old Weatherby Guide and some concocted on my own. I've used them in extreme heat (Africa 110 deg) and cold weather (down in the 20s). I've never had this type of catastrophic failure, but then again nothing is outside the realm of possibilty as virtually every action made I'm sure has had issues. I CAN however attest to hot factory ammo. A few years ago prior to a safari, I was pressed for time so I ordered several boxes of 180Xs (not TSXs)of the same lot number as they were very accurate in my rifle. A few weeks before going I was practicing with them ( same 300 I've owned since 2000 US made) and I ran into stuck bolt and popped primers. I contacted Weatherby and they wanted to see the rifle but I declined, but they did ask for the ammo back and they in turn sent me double the order with Nosler Partitions. Those worked great and I've taken over 15 head of game with it from AFrica to Maine. I hand load now exclusively, always use a chronograph and I keep my loads to around 3200- 3240 fps with no problems with great accuracy and no issues. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”