Canuck, little doubt the basic design is sound; however, if bolts depart from actions on unscheduled trips there is a problem, somewhere. Manufacturing of the bolt (action?), the specification of the ammo, the manufacturing of the ammo, or a combination. Or something else; that's what we look for to the experts to determine and communicate.

This whole debate reminds me of the Blaser R93 issue. In controlled tests, the engineering stands pat. Yet a few people are injured.

The issue is not that a few Mark v's are coming apart. Rifles of all makes come apart, with more frequency than we would care to admit to. The issue is that we have no usuable information (other than a shadow play of "nod, nod", "wink, wink" and "you know's").

We don't know WHICH models are involved, we don't know WHICH Weatherby chamberings these were. We don't know the lot numbers of the ammo, we don't even know if these are the German or Japanese actions. We don't know if it's an ammo problem or a rifle problem. We don't know if these failures are occurring to WBY actions above the background level.

I happpen to load for two Wby multi-lug actions; have for years. For someone who is interested in the CAUSE of the issue, those questions are the first that come to mind. It bothers me more than a little that none of those questions were apparently asked; even more that there seems to be little interest in finding out the WHY or the WHAT's in these events.

All we know is that the sky fell, or a wolf was seen, somewhere. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis