Thanks for the replies.

The "other" thread that discussed pressures that started my thread got me realizing I had heard many times in the last 30 years of reading reloading magazines that Wby ammo is difficult to match with handloads, and on the EDGE of pressure. BUT, that was before 7828 was available.

From My thread it was apparent my old information was incorrect, which is great to see. As an example there was a time when an 06 could outperform a 308 by a good 200 fps, with newer powders I believe there is little lost on the shorter case if one selects the right combination, ie the 308 can be very efficient compared to the 06.

LOL at John M, the horse was dead on page 3, I was trying to bring some DUH factor to some postings that seem to be exagerations, overly making the gun the issue, while it seems more logical to me it is an ammo issue, IF AT ALL..... and I don't doubt the incidents reported, more the completeness of these accidents.

I was "loaning" my rem 700 7 rem mag to my son several weeks ago, and looked at some of the fired cases. I worked up loads for the gun using a chronograph and visual indications to determine the hottest / most accurate and loaded with that information. Looking at the cases requires me to relook at that gun in the future to make sure what I did 20 years ago is still safe.....

Allen