Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Just got word of yet another catastrophic failure of a Mk V action with same maker's factory ammo.

In one case, the bolt blew out the back. In this case, the guts of the bolt blew out the back. BAD!

Shooter is crippled for life but lucky to be alive.

Do you know of any other such failure? I'd appreciate details.

Dr Howell, I believe your premise in posting this was pure, and you indeed were looking for more information. I also believe, in retrospect, it would have been a wise choice to have not replied to inquiries as to what you already have information of, as this seemed to fuel the fire of the Weatherby debate.I wonder how differently this thread would be if it were a posting about Remington Ammo failures in Remington 700 rifles?........

This also brought out the fact that some people can't seem to zip their lip, are solely here on this post to attack you, and feel their posting was necessary to boost their own agenda / ego. I don't need to, or am attempting to downplay their input, but it amazes me when someone goes out of their way to attack another.

This is another fine example of how ANYTHING a person writes on a computer can turn around and bite the originator, and how easy it is for a person to misread the written word. Agenda against Weatherby or not, the replies should have been " please tell us more when you can", not your a jackanape for holding back information that could save another life...

I believe those who have an open mind understand the post above is a request for more information, not an attack on a brand of rifle that is dear to them, and myself. But I could be blind to your intent, I guess I just have respect for a gunwriter looking for more information, rather than attack said person. But my parents raised me to be considerate to others, and treat them as I expect to be treated... although I am sure I have strayed from this from time to time.

Good luck in your search for more information. I may take my Mk V bolt in to have the lugs magnafluxed....lol

Allen