Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I'll disagree that it's the safest,you will have to come up with a little more evidence than you provided in your last post to prove it to me,now I will say that I don't know which action is the safest,we all put alot of faith in our favorite manufacture to put out a safe product,but if someone of Mr Howell's back ground brings this up, I think one would be foolish not to take a little notice!

What we know for sure is it is the most tested action out there and especially given the low price of the 30/378 Synthetic model. There are lots of 30/378s out there, it is a real hot rod calibre and has the big case head as well. Then we also had the years prior to the late 1990s when the 30/378 and 338/378 were both wildcats and more than one or two Mark vs were converted to those calibres.

Is there any other rifle in wide circulation that you can think of which can boast a track record of 30/378 hammering. Maybe an M70 or Rem 700 or Ruger would have been fine, but we don't know, can only speculate.