When I read this initial post early this AM I saw this headed in a very bad direction for the OP. Opening the post by telling people you are an attorney, is going to lead most to believe that you think pretty highly of yourself, and you believe that you are smarter than most of those around this fire. If that is the case, that type of arrogance is not going to sit well with most, regardless of if they have had dealings with Mark or not.

I have dealt with Mark on two separate times, and with one, it did take a little more time to get the items than I expected. However, it didn't make any difference to me when I got them, and he kept me appraised of what was going on. Regardless, there was never a doubt in my mind that things would have been made right in the end. The first transaction with him was flawless. Based on now hearing both sides of the story, it sounds to me like the OP should have just decided that he should have chalked this up as an experience he was not comfortable with, and left it lie. However, maybe arrogance would not allow that. I have no dog in this fight, just voicing my observations I guess.

The one thing that I do think could very easily be overlooked is the fact that this whole disagreement is over an early Winchester model 71 long tang that was selling for 1000.00. Haven't seen pics of that rifle, but I do know that Mark told me about it when we were dealing during the above mentioned contacts. Maybe I should have inquired a little further at that time. I don't know how many folks have looked at the Winchester 71's and their pricing, but if that rifle was a solid, honestly used rifle, that is certainly a fair buy IMO. I don't think that I would have been quite so eager to terminate that agreement if Mark was simply saying he wanted to make sure it was gtg.