Originally Posted by stangfish
Not a 1000 post campfire guru but I have dealt with yalie and he was stand up all the way...if that means anything. I dont know what happens but as a person who does not have a G to throw around,I value a smooth transaction. Internet sales are inherently risky and require a tremendous amount of trust. A seller needs to be upfront with information and give the seller options if conditions change and not come up with a bunch of "story" after the fact. At the same time a mans word and honor mean little these days therefore the buyer has the burden of establishing some ground rules to the transaction.

No sides just a perspective.

See both you and Yalie have 99.97% of your posts on this forum in the classified section. Contributing much to the forum other than using it like Gunbroker? Safariman does.

A simple check of the reputation of Mark would be easy to establish by reviewing his postings, responses by other, well respected and long time members to those posts and perhaps looking at what his transaction history was on here.

I think a pretty valid gauge of Mark's character can be established by the fact he took a PERSONAL check from a guy he'd never met, never done business with and whom had already reneged on a deal with him. He expected Yalie to be a man of principle and honor, not a POS who cancels checks without notifying the man ahead of time. I will take a personal check from folks I have done business with previously or know well; all others have to send secured funds to protect both our interests. That Mark chose to accept a personal check from a stranger speaks VOLUMES as to his integrity and that Yalie canceled that check shows his complete lack of integrity.

Yalie's post on this subject says all we need to know; his first paragraph insults Mark and accuses him of basically being a babbling, lying, deceitful crook while the rest of his post shares many personal details that Mark may or may not have wanted to have made public.

You go ahead and buy from whom you choose and the vast majority of others who know Mark much better than I do (never met the man, talked to him or had any dealings with him) continue to vouch for his character. Yalie already illuminated his character here for all to see; to be vulgar, he showed his arse and no-one likes to see that ever.