Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've been real slow to reply to all of this, because, if you read the Yalie thread, I was not slow on that one. I was one of Marks supporters.
I will say I did not, nor would I ever, nor did anyone else, respond positively to Yalies posting style. He came across as an arrogant lawyer starting that thread, and everyone posting on that thread got the same vibe. It's hard to be objective right off the bat when someone starts off like that.
Even now, I won't go back and try to conclude much about THAT affair between them. I shouldn't comment on any past affairs between Mark and anyone else. My mistake and I apologize for getting involved. It's pretty hard to know what happens between two people, but after while you sense what's going on. I'm still learning what's happening around here, like alot of you.
I have to remind everyone that there were a lot of people that have known Mark for a long time, that came out in his defense. I may be one of the folks with the least amount of experience with Mark at that time, but quickly picked up that he's very congenial. He went above and beyond in many ways in our dealings. I really feel strongly that he's dealt with large numbers of people here very fairly. But, perhaps things have been stretched to the breaking point by his pushing a little too hard to make one too many deals. Robbing Peter to pay Paul, burning the candle at both ends, etc.
It took me a while to realize the extent of the wheeling dealing going on, but I see it now. I don't want to devalue a guy like Mark, a Christian brother and I think a man that has contributed much in the past. Every man lives, learns, and hopefully grows as we progress.
Life is an elastic experience. We are forced to stretch and flex our way along, and if this is used positively, I believe all parties, myself included, can learn much and move forward in a positive direction.
I'd like to see Yalie acknowledge that his style of confrontation and possibly the manner in which he handled the transaction sucked, and turned alot of people against him before they had a chance to really be objective.
I'd like to see Mark step up and instead of giving us the long version including all the reasons why this or that is so, simply say, "I'm sorry", and maybe show a little genuine humility.
Both have an opportunity to grow here.
As for me, I was wrong to get involved. I was wrong to say a word. It was not my affair, I should have stayed out of it. I should not have said what I said about feeding Yalie to the dogs, so to speak. I am sorry for getting involved.
I hope rather than a crucification for any party what we see is an outpouring of support and encouragement to do better, with accountability. Show a brother some tough love. Thanks for reading Campfire. Let's move forward in love and respect for one another. Unfortunately, I have not modeled that. Again, I apologize for that.

This is how Christians typically apologize.

Just an FYI.

Travis

Looks like a kumbaiyah event coming on, I want to man the confession both. You're secrets are safe with me. I just hope Travis doesn't try to hold my hand again when we sing the campfire songs.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.