Originally Posted by Phasmid
Snubbie - With as many injuries as you give yourself just field dressing your kills you wouldn't survive tagging along with Formid. By the way, how did you cut your knife hand too?

HA! Nope, I occasionally nick my finger when field dressing and butchering. I've about come to the conclusion, that's just the way it is. However, in that thread I posted, apparently there are some who never cut themselves...never. So I guess it's just me that occasionally nicks their finger. whistle

As far as surviving a tag along with Formid, it would be a non-issue. Assuming all this is true as told with no additional embellishment, I would not be in on this hunt. I can say while I'll endure some pretty extreme conditions (for me anyway) and a certain amount of risk and danger, I have no need to risk my life in a foolhardy fashion to kill an animal. I have a wife and a little girl that depend on me. When God decides my time is up, then it's up. Intentionally acting foolish and making bad decisions that can get you killed is not in my hunting repertoire and I have no need to "hurry along" the inevitable day of my departure from this world into the next! grin

Now, the day may come that I do indeed make a foolish mistake that costs me my life. I'll die happy doing what I love, but I won't willingly make that mistake.

IF this thread is true-to-life, then my hat's off to the young man for having all the LUCK in the world and getting out alive! Or more likely, God must have a greater plan for his life to have sustained him and made sure he survived this trip!

And besides, it HAS to be true or else it couldn't be on the internet for goodness sakes!

Sorry for my skepticism, please don't let it taint anyone's desire for this story as it has in no way diminished my desire to hear the rest nor has it dampened my intense interest and entertainment! The young man can tell a great story, that fact cannot be denied!

Oh, and I cut my finger on my knife hand wiping my blade with a paper towel. blush

edit to add: In fairness, I did some pretty stupid and dangerous things in my youth that could have gotten me or someone else killed, and darn near did a time or two. Only by the grace of God have I made it this far. It wasn't my brains and good looks! laugh So I really can't say too much to the younger crowd...and I'd be wasting my breath anyhow.

Last edited by snubbie; 11/27/13.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com