Absolutely one of, if not the best, detailed hunting stories I've ever read/seen on the internet or in any hunting magazine going back to the 50's. Great details in the narrative, great, to the point photographs and first class analysis as to what happen, how it was dealt with and why. All in all, better than anything I've ever read.
You are, w/o the slightest doubt, in better physical condition than I have ever been in. But, even more important, you could tell when you were reaching your limit of exhaustion, or your ability to suffer from the effects of the weather and what to do about it. This, I suspect is the result of lots of training from Uncle Sugar's Trade School and lots of practice using that training.
Yes, I believe what you posted is true. You accurately described the effects of exhuation and what you did to deal with it. You accurately described the effects of the weather and how you dealt with that. I've been close enough to these conditions many times to recognize the description. And, no, I didn't deal with them as you did, but I have no doubt what you did worked for you.
I will say that very few of us could have done what you did. You certainly earned that bull. Too bad you missed the other one.
I was also impressed by how you analyzed your difficulties and failures to learn from them.
Again, first class job of posting. To the point where I'd call it the best I've ever seen. E