Creasy: Only a fool or an idiot would try to put words in another persons mouth!
Which are you?
I have never said (because that would be untrue!) that ALL the Elk have been chased onto private land around these parts - most have though and I stand by that contention!
Its just a sad fact anymore (since the transplantation of the Candian Wolves!), that this situation adversely effects many Hunts and Hunters.
Let alone outfitters and affiliated businesses.
So assess your stupid or idiotic statement and correct it if you are half a man!
By the way, this morning I went to pick up my processed game hamburger from G.O.'s Jerky Barn on Flynn Lane here near my home.
I observed 4 herds of Elk on my drive (10 miles round trip!) ALL were on private ranches one herd had 1,100 Elk the next had 100 Elk the next had 650 and the last had 550 Elk (yeah I counted them!) in it and this last herd was crossing Flynn Lane from one private ranch to the next doing considerable damage to both sets of fences!
WELL over 2,000 Elk seen in 15 minutes where 10-12 years ago NONE would have been seen!
What happened there creasy, to cause such a dramatic and drastic change in Elk habits and habitat?
The answer (IF you are smart enough to understand it?) is that 10 years ago the Wolves became VERY over-populated hereabouts and since have flushed most of the Elk out of their traditional fall/winter haunts in the foothills!
Deny that fact creasy and you are just proving my point - you are talking like an idiot!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy