Formid-
How long do these things take to get used too?
[Linked Image]

In alot of ways your gear list is very similar to mine, except I don't opt for cotton pants. Not alot is "top shelf" but will work. My problem for acquiring better gear is that I usually spend my squirreled away money on somthing that comes up for the kids and/or a hunt. I have hunting ADD... wink

Well done and thanks for the write up. Sure beats what I did during that same time.

Originally Posted by bigwhoop
But something else struck me that I hadn't considered. Up there in one paragraph "F" said he did the trip, driving 90 hours, becaue "I can". He could put a dart on a map, buy a license, get there and hunt. That, readers, is a testament to the freedom we still have. That a well motivated indiviual can drive hundreds of miles and hunt public land on a "diy" basis is something we better make damn sure isn't taken away.
Mr. F. embodies a spirit that continues to make this a great Country in spite of who occupies the seat of power.
Agreed!! Well said and timely. Not only do we have that ability still in this country, Formid has been smart in his life's decisions to still allow him to do so.