Originally Posted by Formidilosus

...the pictures? They were taken with a phone camera. They were taken and then texted as smack talk to buddies that couldn't make it when I got signal. Talking chit to friends is worth a whole heck of a lot of effort. RC, that's weak sauce. There is no ulterior motive. Dudes kept asking me to email/write the story to them, so I did. Was never intended for public consumption. However, seeing how I greatly enjoy reading about other's trips, I thought WTH....

The fact that some think this was so over the top, is truly sad. Theodore weeps for you.

Thanks for the story, the photos, and the "apology", Formidilosus. I for one enjoyed the tale.

As one who has undertaken mountain trips (hunting and nonhunting) that many on the 'Fire would consider foolhardy to an extreme, all I can say is when you're young, in great condition, and you know the true and tested limits of your abilities and your equipment, you can take on "projects" like this one that others would never begin to contemplate.

FWIW, taking pics for trash-talkin' your buddies is IMHO the loftiest purpose of the cellphone camera...
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars