Originally Posted by Phasmid
Snubbie - With as many injuries as you give yourself just field dressing your kills you wouldn't survive tagging along with Formid. By the way, how did you cut your knife hand too?

If Formid was through BUDS this hunt was probably fun, to him, and a learning adventure. I have shot enough elk to know what happens after you pull the trigger and then have a lot of meat to get back to the truck. I would have skipped the elk and went after that nice mule deer buck in the photo if the season was open. Formid does have photos so it must have happened! Deer like that are much rarer, at least on WY public land, and are much easier to pack out. I also learned a long time ago to bring a heavy duty garbage bag to put the wet boots inside your bag for the night. Frozen boots!!!, I would rather take a beating rather than wear frozen boots ever again. The pain is over quicker.

+++ on all counts.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.