Sorry it took so long...

Found something needed killing when I got back-

[Linked Image]

And then back to work.

Jesus tittie christ did some of you turn in your man cards....? "oh my god it was dangerous!". Really?

I was going to ignore it, however I have to admit to being a bit amused now...... So I'll try to address it once, and then move on.

Not quite sure what's so unbelievable?

That I drove 40+ hours one way?

It were a few miles-
[Linked Image]

That I went alone? Well I'm not afraid of my own shadow and I would rather do it solo than with dudes who are afraid of chipping a nail, or effort.

That I almost slid off a 60ft cliff? Yep, I slipped. Not quite a glamour moment.

That I busted tail down a big ridge, up and over a small ridge, and then up to some elk?

Unfortunately I didn't save the position where I spotted the three bulls and dropped off the finger, however here's the trail where I dropped my pack-
[Linked Image]

And here's where they went into the timber-
[Linked Image]

Sorry can't find a whole lot that is remarkable about that, half the guys I work with are in better mountain shape than I am, though it's safe to say that I don't work behind a desk, and I might just have some fitness.

That I missed a 374 yard shot? Well have to agree with you there.... I can't believe I 'effing missed it either.

That I was able to track the bull for quite a while through snow without a single drop of blood or strand of hair? Ya it's called a miss. SU, may want to recalibrate you ballistics program, and while you're at it check how wide an elk is head on..... Then maybe you could describe how you can gut shoot one looking at you....

That I was freaking tired and wanted food and sleep? Yep, called effort. And weakness.

That I found another bull and killed it? I went to MT to kill a bull. Not talk about how much fun I had, and oh well.... Maybe next year.

The only skin left on a quarter was the proof of sex.

The mud puddle picture wasn't a puddle, it was the trail and it was half raining/half sleeting, I was soaked and it was absurd. I like to remember moments like that.

Or maybe it's like RC said- the pictures? They were taken with a phone camera. They were taken and then texted as smack talk to buddies that couldn't make it when I got signal. Talking chit to friends is worth a whole heck of a lot of effort. RC, that's weak sauce. There is no ulterior motive. Dudes kept asking me to email/write the story to them, so I did. Was never intended for public consumption. However, seeing how I greatly enjoy reading about other's trips, I thought WTH....

RC, no this is not my first time out west. No, I wasn't all that excited. No, there was no embellishment. I did what it required to kill an elk. I didn't drive there for sightseeing.

The fact that some think this was so over the top, is truly sad. Theodore weeps for you.