Best thing in all your gear list: your custom drop chart. Classic. All this time, I thought my masking tape on the stock was way custom grin

I'll echo sentiments on your gear selection with regards to concessions - there ain't any 'perfect gear'; everything has trade-offs. Interesting thoughts on the socks. I'm prone to blisters between toes on my left foot due to a crooked big toe. They usually take a few days to develop and a bandaid fixes the issue but will investigate the socks.

Also agree with your observation on fashionable hunters.

I'll hand it to you. I was a bit skeptical of the exploit you outlined. I've not done the solo backpack thing but routinely get 5-6 miles from my starting point while elk hunting. It opens another world but also must be cognizant of getting an elk out in a timely manner. I've gone to working with local folks and renting a horse for a day or two to retrieve far flung elk. It beats heck out of 3-4, 5-10 mile round trips. Best $200 ever spent.

Curious how you maintain a high level of fitness. I've missed a bunch of workouts since hunting seasons arrived and am designing a new workout schedule. Its alot easier to simply stay in shape than to get back into shape.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.