Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
On the March scope the reason it's off on the tracking is that March uses a Mil value of 6400 verses the standard 6283... The 6400 is an old Army artillery value and not common in todays scopes... In 2015 March will begin using the 6283 value...

If you put in a value of .097 (6400) mil adjustment in your ballastic calculator verses the .1 (6283) mil value the March tracks perfectly... Just a side note...

Actually if March were using the French, NATO, old Army 6400 division in a circle then the reticle would have moved less than indicated. It was moving further than indicated.

In other words the clicks were bigger than a real Trigonometric 0.1 Mil so the March Mil would be fewer division in the circle, or less than 6283. The Russkis used a 6000 division Mil.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The results of the individual scopes tested there are pretty common, even though I would suspect cherry picking

To say that every scope of each make and model tested will perform exactly like the individual scopes tested is completely wrong.

For example, not every Vortex Viper HD will perform exactly alike.

I had a couple of the MK 6s and both had click values greater than the 6283 Division 0.1 Mil. The reticules were spot on (Horus Tremor, TMR). Not really an issue if a guys knows it and it ain't much but still annoying.

The MK 6 is not really my cup of tea as the resolution really falls off after 15X. In my opinion it would have been a better scope as a 3X-15X.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.