Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I wouldn't call Seekins Rings and a picatinny rail "skimping"

Do you think Leupold Dual Dovetails are a poor design?

I would never think that any mounting system can hold a scope's zero if it is knocked hard on rocks or the ground.

My comment wasn't directed towards your equipment but a general statement of what I see over the course of a year on rifles in general... Glen's wares are top notch as many others are...

I can't really speak of Leupys DD mounts as I have no experience or have I ever personally used them... From my take on what I know of them I would not be interested in them... A mount that uses leverage to hold the ring ring tight would seem like it would always be under pressure and putting stress on the fasteners... Again I don't know enough about them to really say if I think it is a poor design or not...I don't intend to find out either...

I would hope a mounting system would stand up to the rigors and abuse that one would dish out to a weapon... If not then I'd be looking for a new mounting system... IME most optics that have lost zero from drops and falls was more the optic than the mounting system...

I've had scopes that would lose zero from rides on the front rack of an ATV... I could re-zero the optic and a couple days later the optic would lose zero again... I replaced the optic using the same mount and 3 years later the new optic has never had to be re-zero'd... It has fallen out of the bed of a truck twice and dropped 10-12 ft off a rock face during a sheep hunt and has still kept its zero... Again YMMV...