Companies change; products morph. Happens in all industries. Formerly great companies that produced fantastic outdoor products get sold, change management and usually the product ends up not for the "better".

I can think of Eddie Bauer, Abercrombie, Winchester,some bullet makers....others as well.

Why should Leupold be any different?This is nothing new. If so many people notice Leupold failures,there should be something to it.Not everybody is an idiot....I hear it from accomplished match and BR shooters, too,and have for years.

It's nothing "new"...I was breaking Leupold variables back in the early 90's.Adjustments have always been less than stellar for tracking.The scope that may last 20 years on a 243 or 270,may crap after 200-300 on a 300 or 375. ( I said "might")..the reason I hunted with fixed powers on rifles like that.

Americans love cheap shidt with great warranties.Makers build to a price point.That price point might get a guy the durability he wants but if he's a really active shooter, it might not.And the more he shoots the greater the likelihood he will encounter scope problems. It's where economics runs squarely into round count.

Not much mystery about it.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/10/15.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.