dodgefan... I have tested mounting systems and found the ones that work the best for ME and MY use of a weapons system...

I very seldom use any 2 piece mounting system unless it is on a LW Rifle that I'm trying to keep light... In that instance I use Talley LW's and have found them to work well in MY usage...

For all other systems I run Seekins 20 MOA bases with NF, Seekins, Leupy MK 4, Badger or similar rings... On occasion I will run a Near Alpha Mount with said base if I feel the rifle will get more abuse than the others or will go with a NF Direct Mount if applicable in the situation... On all my Remmy's that I intend to keep, the base mounting holes are opened up to 8-40 fasteners... I started doing this as early on I noticed on a few applications the 6-48 fasteners had broke and since the upgrade I have not had one fastener break... I have bases that I had to bed to the action but I feel that was a Remmy problem vs. a base problem...

I have very seldom found the mounting apparatus being the cause of an Optic loosing zero in MY situations... After finally replacing all my optics with more robust optics I have not had a shift in zero... YMMV...