Originally Posted by Formidilosus
John,
I was in the community when the change happened. I was there when Tod starting pushing them. I know what drove it. I know why it continues, and why it's the correct choice. I also know that despite the legitimate use for it, that ain't the whole reason we have it.

Stop with the "I know cool people" stuff. You may, and probably do. But that doesn't matter. I used one of the very first S&B's that had a Horus in it. I was in the school when one of the very first was being tested. Most shooters don't care why stuff happens or why they have what they have, they just use what they are given. And that includes the very top.

Well there be 2 Ds in Todd and if you think that is where it started at the Tier 1 level then I got to smile. grin

The real world advantages that the "Fly Swatter Reticle" brings to a gunfight has to do with skipping any dialing at all. Gut hits, ankle hits, leg hits all count for a mobility kill. Getting a hit any where faster is the name of the game.

There is a reason Light Infantry lives by the Fire, Move, and Communicate motto.

In that realm the Horus is a rangefinder (with the first shot) and a quick and dirty way of pouring rounds on a schithead that needs killing. 20 (7.62) and 30 (5.56) box mags are great facilitators in this type of shooting.

While very important and not to in any way be ridiculed that is not modern sport hunting.

One well placed hit to the vitals or I pass if that seems in question. Deer, Elk , and Antelope deserve way more than savages.

To equate the Horus choice to be because of Leupold tracking issues is just goofy and stupid.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.