Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
In reality ANY optic will fail if beat around enough... Tuners little jaunt like he's driving Miss Daisy has given him the confidence that his leupy will perform to his expectations for the amount of abuse his optic will see... That is great and I'm sure it will... Good job Tuner...

Others here will have a hatred for Leupys do to one experience or lack there of, while others will Champion Leupy's due to their ownership/sales of them...

I have 13 Leupy's that are all 30mm Tubes variables in Vari-X III, VX-III and Mark 4 models... 2 ea of which are at Leupold for repairs right now and 7 of which had been repaired previously... Repairs consisted of canted reticles, erector/tracking problems, side focus/parallex problems and internal problems...

I have 11 ea Nightforce NXS scopes in Compact's, 3.5-15/F1's and 5.5 to 22's...Some with zero stop and some without... 1ea has been sent in for repair due to a turret problem which I created.... I've had no other problems with them...

I have 3 ea Schmidt & Benders... 1ea fixed 10x42 single turn, 2 ea 4-16x42 Single turns, 1 of which has been at Schmidt & Bender for 3 months to repair an elevation turret problem...

I have 1ea IOR Tactical 2.5-10x42 which has been beat hard and have never had a problem with it since new...

Personally I would only purchase Nightforce scopes knowing what I know now... Leupy's have their place as do the others but I can not see myself buying a Leupy anytime soon... Their new "Tactical" product seems very robust... I have used a few on several occasions but until they build a better track record than they have now I will stick with what works for me...

I don't have a bunch of cool pics that I can hang and assign random distances too... I don't have fancy jigs to compare a 2nd focal plane scope verses a first focal plane scope/zero stops with matching turrets, then base my choice on price...

BTW Rick, at what distance do you use that story board/jig and what are the substension measurements on the story board mil side... Just curious...

I don't have cool videos of Tony showing the rigors of a tactical comp... I'd be more worried of Tony busting a seam on that size medium Spandex shirt than I would him wearing out/damaging a scope in that video...

I do know that of all the Optics I own I have had more problems with Leupold than any other brand... Just my experience... YMMV....

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.