RC, My experience has mainly been with the 3.5-10x40 VX (Vari X) III with M1's or target turret, which was my go to setup for years. I am not and have never claimed to be a "long range" hunter. These scopes were to get me to 400 yards comfortably. I have a 400 yard range with the 400 line literally 10 yards from my back door. Safe to say I'm comfortable at 400 yards. I would estimate conservatively that the number of Leup scopes would be 20. Of the 20, at least 10 have failed. Failures include shifts of zero, and I'm not only talking about little shifts either, but mostly big swings. Tracking was individual to each scope. Click values were not what they should be and returning to zero after big swings was a crap shoot (big swings were mostly during testing but I occasionally get to go long).

I'm not a fan of heavy rifles but I do have one and consider it my tester. Its a 308 with a bunch of rounds down the tube but still holding them tight. When a scope is in doubt the rig tells the tale, and its ratted out several.

Here's a sample of six 5 shot groups.

[Linked Image]

1minute,

Regarding finances, I appreciate your concern. I am a current licensed CPA. I've got it under control.

Remember, you are the one with the argument, not me. I have never claimed anyone's account to be false. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I have only followed the reports of others, with discretion, and vaguely reported my experience if anyone is interested. I have made my own conclusion based mainly on my own personal experience, confirmed by others' experience who I consider reliable sources.