Hi guys, I'm starting a 1969 Mach 1 project for a customer.

I wish it was my car, but I'm thrilled to be the one that gets to have a run at the restoration even if it isn't mine.

The car was originally black jade, M code car, fmx trans, 3.25 locking diff.

Vin tag, door tag and buck tag are all intact and all match up to the car.

She's a little soft structurally, and somebody has repaired this car before me.... long before me.

So, I'll be unearthing old repairs and replacing some creative plate metal splints and full 2 ply body overlays with a little more love than it got on it's first makeover.

[Linked Image]

rear frame rails

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LH front torque box

[Linked Image]

yep... LH front frame rail.

[Linked Image]

Anyways, initial tear down happening tonight.

[Linked Image]

only think I haven't figured out on this tag is the 028 at the end of the top line?

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e...G_20150224_185728959_HDR_zpshf2mvfdc.jpg[/img]

I will be ordering a LH rear torque box/front section of frame rail assembly, both rear halves of rear frame rails, some floor pans, front right torque box and front right frame rail, outer wheel houses, pretty much the entire trunk floor around the tank, trunk floor to quarter drops, full quarters (she's been skinned before, lots of overlap... forward apron halves.... possibly some rocker stuff.

That's just what I know about now prior to getting the paint off the car.

My plan is to support the car at the rocker pinch weld at 4 points (on my hoist) while I replace frame sections and torque boxes. Then I plan to move to rotisserie.

Alrighty, I'll post pics as we progress.

Something clever here.