Originally Posted by ingwe
The thought of bringing the .204 keeps reoccurring..... whistle

There is a .218 Bee #1 here. It has a 1 in 14 twist, so could shoot 50gr bullets. The wood is spectacular. Oughta work for head shots, especially if it will shoot 53gr TSX.

I'm learning why the previous owner of the .38-55 #1 sold it. The Starline .38-55 brass will not tolerate much over blackpowder loads, before it expands the primer pockets. Those loads hit way low at 100 yards. So I'll have to add a lower front sight, or bite the bullet & put a scope on it. Or find some .375 Winchester brass, which would be much stronger. Accuracy seems decent with the 250gr Hawk bullets.

I also have a #1 in 7.62x39, and some of the prototype Nosler 123gr .310 Ballistic Tips. It shot very well, so that may be a choice as well.

The .44-40 Winchester is shooting decently, though I need to fine tune the loads a bit more, it's basically ready.

Took my .300 RUM to the range this morning. Finally got the chrono to cooperate. 180 Accubonds at 3400 fps crazy It's possible I may back them down a little, despite the fact that load shoots bug holes. blush

So I'm still debating what to bring smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."