Originally Posted by geedubya

ya'

Wednesday afternoon, checking zero on 4 rifles.

this ol' fart can't hang anymore!

GWB

Sounds and looks like you boys had a great time. DVD, good on you for doing the heavy lifting on arranging the fun.

GW, earlier tonight as I was leaving the office I texted old Kingston to ask how the trip was and to congratulate him on winning the cup, figuring he was already home. Turns out he was actually at Logan at the baggage claim area waiting on his guns to be unloaded from the plane. Called him right away to see if maybe he needed a lift, as I was but five minutes away. He thanked me but explained that his lady was outside somewhere dodging parking Nazis, and that he was all set. I asked and got some of his quick thoughts on the trip and of TX in general in the couple minutes we chatted.

I wasn't at all surprised to hear him say that he had a grand time with some damned good people. He commented right away that he loved the TX folks, what with their respectful and kind use of 'sir' and 'ma'am' even in casual conversation, as well as the classy and charming easy way that Texans seem to display as a matter of routine. I smiled wide, as I'd felt the exact same way when I first traveled there to be a guest of STX for the first PINS event, and haven't changed my opinion since, after a half dozen trips or so. Anyway I wasn't surprised in the least and laughed and agreed with him wholeheartedly and remarked that I was proud of him as an Easterner of his winning the shoot-off. In his usual modest manner, he said that he thought that a good percentage of the 'contestants' were a little handicapped in the event due to the previous evening's celebratory imbibing, but that in particular he was impressed as hell with your shooting ability running with what I think he said was something like 'a big fuggin' pistol' in what was essentially meant to be a rifle contest. wink

I've hunted ducks with Brian a few times and have seen him go to work with a scattergun and figured he'd at least place well with a rifle. The man sure can shoot, that's certain. Good on him and you all and glad to hear that y'all had yourselves a good time.