When Leighton called I think I said something like, "I'm in love with Texas. I love Texas. I love the way Texans treat each other, the way they acknowledge one another. The yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. The warmth in their casual greetings and smiles. They've got lots of cows and weather's pretty good too!"

Ed, I can't thank you and your wife enough for hosting me at your beautiful home, for carting me around, and anchoring me on this trip. I hope that you'll allow me to return the favor one day. Thank you for the friendship and camaraderie.

Dan thanks for putting this together. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

To my hunting partners, I can't imagine another five grown men who I'd rather squeeze into a filthy pickup with, over and over!

Gordon, Joel, Bobby, Pat, and Lee thank you for patience while I initially struggled with your native tongues. A few more days and I'd have become pretty fluent. You probably can't image how much I enjoyed the poetry of your vernaculars. You're much less colorful on the internet.

Mike, I hope that I was half as courteous and thoughtful as you were roommate! It was great to meet you, have a safe trip home!

Bob that rife you built is a fućking hoot. Thanks for bringing it!

GW, with the exception of you being a lightweight in the whisky department laugh , you fùcking rock!!! Thanks for bring all the guns, ammo, and targets for us to play with. Your generous and straightforward spirit is inspiring.

Dan, Carpe Montana!

Thank you all for a great trip! I had a wonderful time. I could go on and on, but I've got to go to bed—more pics and videos later!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty