Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Very true
You are going to have to teach me use of my camera. Have most of it down. Can turn it on, have it set on auto, know how to focus and zoom. Know how to get the little pic screen turned on.
That's about it, 1,000 more buttons to learn.

Nikon cameras I should be able to figure out most of the controls on them. Think you have a D7200? I've nearly pulled the trigger on one of them, myself.

Nikon has a new zoom lens, 200-500mm, that is moderate in cost, at $1300, and is getting rave reviews on its optical quality. You used to have to spend $3k to $8k to get the same quality of telephoto. I'll probably get one, at some point. Probably a new camera body, too.

And yeah the green jays are colorful birds. I'll probably bring my current long lens, in case any of them, or other interesting critters show up.

Well have not worked my way up that far on the zoom.
Current lens is a 18-146 is what it came with. Added a Tamron 16-300.
All I could talk myself into that day. Hope they will be usable for what I want.
Just remember that I-phone camera from last year. Saw the same bird you shot (pic), but no close up. Saw the big big turkeys. No close up.
So that's kind of what I was looking to over come. Guess I'll save up for the super lens you talked about. Yes it's a D-7200, teacher.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~