Originally Posted by 45_100
I have know Greg for a decade or more. He would come into the store and we would talk about planting crops, welding, guns, dogs, machining, whatever. Greg did not always travel in a straight line and was sometimes hard to follow. Tolerance was not one of his virtues, but once you earned his respect you had it for life. We had a good relationship.

I had (have) a Krag-jorgensen single shot action. My dad had given it to me when I said I wanted to make a single shot 45/70. I showed it to Greg and he badgered me about letting him barrel and chamber it for me. Glad I finally let him do it. I test fired it one day at CCCC's place. Have a nice piece of walnut I got from another friend to make a stock. A work in progress that will someday be completed.

Like him or not, Greg was always being Greg and that made him unique. He enjoyed sharing what he had accomplished and would only ask your opinion if he valued your advice. Not one to mince words, you knew where he stood. He wasn't afraid to tell you to leave the kitchen if you couldn't stand the fire. He broke the mold after he made Greg!

you mention the store, were you the one he was thinking of setting up a gunsmithing operation with?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO