Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I do not know what transpired. They were found inside his home. My guess is they will send his remains to the medical examiner to determine COD. Other than informing me of his passing, no specific information was provided by the deputy that called following my request for a wellness check. In truth I did not want to know and did not ask. I will remember him as he is in the picture, with a gun he restored in my behalf.

My last communication with him was on 9-23 via email and by phone a few days prior when he called to inquire how we fared with H. Irma. He mentioned that he had been having a bout of back pain, but otherwise seemed normal in all regards.

I'm fairly hardened to such things, but this one hits kind of close to home. He had done a fair bit of gun work for me in days gone by and provided guidance on the topic many times. To hear him speak of better days he came from many lands and lived life to the fullest. From his days on board the sea going ships with his father, to Canada and other points of the compass. He lived as some only dream of and he has my undying respect.

Dan

I am sorry to hear this...but I'm glad with whatever transpired, that he is with Gracie...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe