Originally Posted by krp
Ben's passing last week has been another hard hit.

Tom's passing may have been the hardest, he was the person I knew in person the longest, back from the coues whitetail forum days.

Ken Howell
Ivan (bigbuck215)
Greg
Tom
Ben

And it all get's convoluted...

Life is convoluted... the good and bad with all relationships. unintended consequences.

I have to tell this. it's bugged me for some time.

After Greg passed his other dog Nip was taken by animal control in Tombstone, a member here wanted to take it so Tom went down with his family and adopted the dog to hold for delivery. When they took it home the kids came home from school finding one of their family dogs dead and the other ran out from hiding and Nip killed it in front of them. Tom called me devastated and I went over and took the dog.

At first the plan was to take it to animal control in the morning, I did but they didn't open till noon. My 2 year old grandson was coming over for daycare, I was already hesitant to have that dog rehomed to unsuspecting prospects, I wasn't risking my grandson... the dog was fine with me but an obvious danger... I took it and put it down.

I really cared for Greg and really cared for Tom.... sometimes caring for others has a cost that pushes the limit.

I apologize if it seems I've pulled away from people I care for lately, and not embraced new people, the price of loss is sometimes high.

kent

well being aware pretty much of the whole story, i don't know you had much choice other than to do what needed to be done. you should not have any issues with doing that. I would have done the same. I have often thought it wasn't nip's fault really given the circumsances of his life, but nevertheless, had to be done. I can somewhat understand it but unacceptable risk.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO