Mark, I regularly encouraged Ken to organize, codify and lodge his many writings - on many topics - on the the Campfire and anywhere else that would enable folks to find them easily. I requested a copy of the whole thing. He was an outstanding writer whose work should have been shared widely, but in those last years he seemed to have other things in the front of his mind and the project never took full flight. But, he was good in sharing various of his writings with many people - quite a few of them here on the Campfire - and quite a number of things might be gathered up from these folks. I do have one or two pieces he wrote - about how to write.

Partsman - there is more than a bit of myth in some of those explanations why people did not know of Ken Howell's hospitalization and last days. Well before he died, he had withdrawn - firmly - from any communication related to the Campfire. The timing of his burn incident and hospitalization during a holiday period inhibited the flow of news. I was 2,000 miles from here when it happened. It was difficult to get good info, but we managed to connect via Campfire PMs and some did get to visit him in the hospital in Albuquerque. When I got to him, he was in very serious pain from the burns and had been in threat of death since being flown there. Although he hung on for quite a while, our interaction indicated that his will had been greatly diminished. In the little communication we managed, he made known his wish that his situation was not for broadcast. There was no plot to exclude info from here or anywhere else. Due to noted circumstances, only a few knew about it and folks simply honored Ken's earlier decision to withdraw from the Campfire.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron