His handle was a puzzle to me when we first met as I'd never been involved in significant target competition. He explained the matter and a few years later at a NRC event in Cody I did just that. The Wyoming Armory built a .40 slug rifle and I picked it up just prior to the match. We sauntered to the line for sight in day and there was quite a few very well known gents present. Steve Garbe, Kenny Wasserberger and more.

It was in that setting I parked myself at the bench to try the first shots I'd taken with the gun, this in a 15-20 mph full value Wyoming crosswind. Loaded the old girl, parked by rear and lined up on the target with Kenny watching the target with glass. 200 yards.....boom. KW called it a miss. I was crestfallen. Boom. Miss. Dang it all....

Then KW shifted his field of view and said, "Wrong target, 2 in the 25 ring". And then I understood the Crossfireoops concept. laugh

I got really excited and proceeded to let the wind have its way with me.

https://i.imgur.com/zfr0e2v.jpg?1

Came away from the match with 3d place, which considering the shooters was richly undeserved...and as stated above, an epiphany rekindled each time I see that target, and a memory of that conversation.

Dan

PS: Some asked previously about the bear hide fence picture with Greg and horse beside it. I have it somewhere but have been unable to locate it to this point. Still looking.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 10/21/17.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain