Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx
AS, there were gasses floating in space and a spark made the universe, life, monkeys and you.

God made folks like you just to see who would stand up for Him. Just as He made Pharaoh stiff necked to show the world His power He made many like you. Just as He made Pharaoh think the pestilence that devoured his land and the plague that afflicted his people and the wine that changed his water and the death He visited on Pharaohs crew, He has chosen for you, who deny Him. You have no choice in the matter. As a subject of Satan you strive for Satans reward of eteranal damnation. Wear your reward proudly. You have earned it.

Good job demolishing the Christian hypothesis of Free Will.

Well,I don't have time this morning to address the whole issue Jaguartx brought up when he suggests God made Pharaoh choose not to let the Children of Israel go just so he could punish him for it. He also suggested Jesus healed the man at the pool and then threatened to make him worse if he sinned again.

That is simply not the nature of God!! It is a misunderstanding because of not understanding the original languages and religious tradition took over from there.

I'm headed out to our deer opener this morning and will try to address the question farther if possible. Until then I will say that if anyone is interested they can look at the original language and see an entirely different meaning. God didn't harden pharaoh in the manner suggested. It was more like the case where a mother would anger a child to farther wrath by telling him that he had to do something he didn't want to do,causing the child to throw a fit. The original languages bring it out.