e

Matthew 5:17-20 17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven

AFAIC both of you are correct and the Bible (Gods word) is true, RH and Hastings. There is a way both of you are correct whether you can understand it or not.

We are saved by faith and belief, not works. Rewards in Heaven are by works. He still expects His people to become Christ like by following His instruction. That is your works. You do as He says for your reward, not salvation.

As said in Ezra and Deut if we fill our nation with unbelieving heathen and moon worshipers we will be cursed. Have we not so been? He didnt say we would go to hell for falling short in keeping the Laws.

Notice above where He says those who dont keep His rules will be Least in the Kingdom of Heaven, not that they be lumped with unbelievers in hell. The Pharisees were unbelievers who rejected Christ. They believed in God.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/19/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin